Our home port with plenty of things to see and do within the city of Cobourg.
A. Cobourg Marina Office and the Cobourg Yacht Club.
B. Fuel and pump out
C. “The wall” visiting boats can dock here, or can be assigned a slip
E. Boat launch ramp
F. Coast Guard
The Cobourg Marina is run by the city of Cobourg and is a great place to keep your boat, or to visit during your journey along the North shore of Lake Ontario. The marina, despite my grumblings on how they’ve dealt with rising water levels, is well run and has decent facilities.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/BUJiEEWqQ8b2MdHk9
VHF Channel: 68
Cobourg Marina Facilities
The facilities at the main office include:
- public and boater only washrooms with showers (they have an interesting technique for maintaining, there are two separate bathrooms they flip back and forth between while cleaning)
- laundry, wash and dryer ($1.25)
- vending machine
- fish cleaning station
- coffee cart with free coffee and tea most mornings at 10am
Cobourg keeps an unusually high percentage of slips open for transients. I’ve also seen people anchor in the harbour, but I believe there’s a $15/night fee and you need to check in with the marina.
Things to visit / see around Cobourg
- Cobourg Beach
- A nice boardwalk and trails West of marina
- Favourite coffee is at the Rustic Bean. South side of King Street.
- Dean Marine has to be one of the smallest, but one of my favourite marina shops.
- The Buttermilk Cafe for breakfast
- The LCBO is only a block away
- Harbourlight Delights is popular for ice cream
- Millstone Bread is a great place for fresh bread
- Freakan Rican’s Tacos, Fries and Frozen Treats is a chip truck right on the beach
- Shoppers Drug Mart is the closest place to get some groceries. For a full grocery store, you will need to go to No Frill’s, an eight block walk (1.5 km or 1 mile).
- Jim’s Pizza Palace is a local pizza shop with handmade crusts, and they will deliver to the dock
These are within walking distance of the harbour, all links above go to Google Maps for each location.
Events in Cobourg
- Canada Day and Waterfront Festival – craft fair, midway rides, music
- Sandcastle Festival – August 14, 2019
- Ribfest – August 16-18, 2019
- Poutine Fest – August 29 to September 1, 2019
- Cobourg Farmers Market – every Saturday
- Highland Games – June 19-20, 2020
Photos from around Cobourg
If you have some additional information about Cobourg Marina, please leave comment and I will incorporate what I can into this main article.
Leave a Reply