After spending Easter with family up in Ottawa we had some time Sunday and Monday (April 21-22) to spend on the boat.
Not really sure if it really needs maintenance but I decided to pull ours apart to learn how it works and see if anything needed to be replaced.
Found a bit of time between kids activities to get out to the boat for a few hours this weekend. We were able to remove the winter cover and bring the boom home.
Our traveller was due for some needed maintenance. Spent some time today cleaning it up.
Our dinghy outboard motor was getting a bit temperamental and we wanted something dependable and easy to use. All it took was one sales ad from Honda to purchase a new outboard now.
We spent the morning on the boat getting some measurements and making sure our boat’s winterization was working.
We finally decided on our new anchor and picked one up from the Toronto Boat show.
Time for the boat to be hauled out of the water. We were nervous since this was our first time but had experts at Wiggers take great care of us!
Some background information on the mast and boom on a CS34 sailboat.
A. Visitor and fuel dock. Main office is at the start of the dock. B. Restaurant and bar, The Upper Deck C. Washroom, for marina guests only, requires key code.D. Yorkbay Mechanical Services
It was a rough day, and we now know what it sounds like when your anchor rapidly descends from the bow of your boat.
Day 2 of our trip to Toronto Island, we leave Port Whitby Marina and head into the inside harbour for the first time. Yes, we were nervous.
Day 1 of our trip to Toronto Island takes us from Cobourg to Port Whitby Marina on a beautiful sailing day and Lori begins her sailboat racing career.
We found a simple, and cheap, solution for our leaking Lewmar portlight windows. It only took us over a month to get the order for the parts right.
Our holding tank was filling up with air and looked like it was about to explode. After weeks of troubleshooting and learning about a marine head system we figured it out and have it fixed!
A summary of our 2018 Thousand Islands trip.
With heavy winds and nasty weather continuing to hit us we decided to stay another day in Kingston.
After just arriving in the Thousand Islands, we had to head home early.